First of all, I doubt you missed it, but MoP will release on the 25th of September.
But I wanna talk about the changes to Vengeance which Ghostcrawler announced (link to original blue):
Currently, Vengeance increases your AP by 5% of the damage taken, stacking up to the cap, which happens quickly. We are changing Vengeance to increase AP equal to 5% of the damage you take for 20 sec. This buff will "roll" so that as it gets refreshed the unused part is added to the new buff, similar to how Ignite or Stagger work. The net result will be that Vengeance stacks by the amount of DPS being thrown at you over 20 sec. There is no cap.So, vengeance was intended to make threat less of an issue (because DPS numbers went up with better gear, but threat scaled a lot slower). The change above is meant to make all active mitigation buttons balanced. It's also meant to make a tank do more DPS in 25-man (bosses hit harder than in 10 man) so that their dps matters as much as it does in 10-man.
Another positive (?) effect is that 5-man tanks won't top DPS in every dungeon (though they shouldn't be topping anyway if the dpsers were competent but thats another discussion).
Full list below.
- Avoidance will not count against you. Avoiding an attack will extend the current Vengeance stack back to 20 sec (as if you were hit again for the same DPS).
- Blocks, absorbs, Stagger and Shield of the Righteous will also not count against you. The damage before these effects is used for the Vengeance calculation.
- To reduce ramp up time, we bump you up to halfway to whatever your average Vengeance level would be based on each individual hit. Essentially, we skip the first 10 sec of ramping.
- Tank damage in 5-player groups will decrease. We think this is a good chance because it is weird and demoralizing when tanks consistently top damage meters in dungeons.
- Tank damage in 25-player groups will increase. We think this is a good change because it makes tank DPS as relevant in 25-player raids as it is in 10-player raids.
- With this change, Brewmaster damage will be extremely overpowered. We will fix it, but you may get a build where they are ludicrously good.
This cooldown has been reworked:
Avert Harm - You cause 30% of all damage party and raid members within 10 yards take to be re-directed to you. Lasts for 6 sec. The damage received through Avert Harm can be Staggered.This new version seems like a decent raid cooldown, but it still cancels when you reach 10% of your HP. The fact that it can be staggered makes it a lot better though, especially with shuffle up (which it should be most of the time), because if you're fast you can use Purifying Brew to remove a lot of damage. This version can also be used to help another tank.
3 min cooldown.
Recruit a Friend
So today a blue confirmed that the RAF service will be available for monks and they can still earn the server first achievement as well. This means you can actually link your account to a new account (a friends or your own) right now and start leveling 2 characters on the new account. Each character will have 40 grantable levels* when they reach level 80, which will remain available for 90 days. When MoP releases, you make a Monk on your old account and grant the 2x40 levels from the new account. This way you will start at lvl 80 in the first week of MoP, and will easily be lvl 90 before the first raid unlocks.
Ofcourse the old account will also get a mount and 30 days free gametime if the new account buys 60 days gametime.
*I'm not 100% sure you can make 2 chars on the same account for 2x40 levels, it might be capped at 40 levels/account. In that case you just level your monk to level 40, and then grant the 40 levels. Leave a comment if you know for sure.